So it's been a year...

Attention! We are receiving reports about SCAM attempts, which promise you to get Elcoin for free after submitting your account data on some pages.
We advise you DO NOT TO CLICK on such suspicious links and do not share your account login/password with ANYONE.
Please report any kind of such activity directly to our Support. Thank you!
  • One year since Gameforge decided to merge the servers. After this year, I kinda want to hear some opinions on this again. Do you think it was a good decision?

Personally, I still stand by the idea of an European Server. However, I'd like that server to remain European. My main issue with the merge is the fact, that we got Players from other regions, mostly from south america, who play on this server with extremely high delay. Due to how Elsword is coded, this affects the entire game negatively for everyone in direct contact with any one of those Players. The influences range from freezing mobs in Dungeons over teleporting patterns and bugged rank-gain in Drabaki to unhittable nor comboable opponents in PvP. That's the Trade-Off we got for more populated servers and personally from the perspecive of a DE-Player, I don't think that was worth it. I'd also like to use this occasion to poke badidol and Athena again for a solution to this or any news on how Gameforge plans to handle this.

So that's my opinion on the matter and the merge. As much as I love to play with and against other European Players, I hate fighting Lag even more than fighting no one at all. But that's just my personal stance, so what about yours? Do you think the Trade-Off was worth it or not?

• It was a good decision.

The bad experiences that we have with latency and economy are simply because of the playerbase. But we can't deny that it helped create bonds, find more ressources, re-establish the feeling of a MMOrpg, and make GF milk even more money out of our poor quality servers.

And for some players, there might be no difference at all.

• Competitive is literally unplayable for me since it's flooded with lagging ES players. Luckily most of them had bad equipment but I don't want to meet a teleporting +12 enemy. Therefore a really annoying issue is the language barrier. Like nobody from Spain is speaking english. Even the Game Mods are spamming in their language in the public chat. The merge was good for the market (except for the coin prices) and more players are aviable for farming/grinding but as long it's always delayed in dungeons there is no good point for the merge.

• Nice for the market but everything else did not matter for me, i mostly Solo or duo everything. Now with the Rosso Raid im forced to find more people.
    PvP was on EN Server dead anyway or filled with lagger like here. No Fun at all.
    Market Goodjob
    Rest no thanks.

• First off: Since I've been called a "homophobic nazi" beforehand (yes, thanks a lot) for stating my point, I'll just say I got nothing against anyone who's playing here on a personal level. I'm all about the gameplay point of view.

In 2015, I came back to DE from UK after pleading for a merge for years, literally for the reason Uk was empty apart from the 30 ppl from South East Asia who lagged life out of what was left of UK.

Now it's the same all over again, just that you don't have to wait in queue for 5 hours anymore.

PvP has become more of a major issue to me than PvE, since I can pull off most content on my own. The few times I had to play with ppl clearly outside Europe, I had to quit 11-3 runs because everything froze, everything bugged out or the Raid Boss literally broke over it. Not to mention Drabaki starting over 20 times.

In PvP, you can't play properly, since a lot of people don't take hits and combos properly, and mostly play characters in addition to it that profit from lags by using Auto Aim stuff.

Used to play PvP a lot, but nowadays I'm just avoiding it, like random queues.

Lots of people I know already ran off to other servers (honestly, if I hadn't sunk so much into EU already, I'd likely play INT too), due to the lag situation and EU lagging behind in content. I wonder if it's worth the Peso for Gameforge to scare off a lot of potential European players.

And then the situation about the players. It's fine to me if not everyone is capable of communicating in English all the time, but it is greatly annoying if Team Members do not even bother to speak English, so they could possibly help more than just their community.

EU does not feel merged. The only things merged were all the Gameplay standpoints. The communities remain devided by client, language, mutual perception and Team standarts.

• A lot of good encounters. PvP is now toxic, but it always has been that way, so it's no use.

I now hate matching queue in dungeon because of lagging people, mostly spanish (it's just a fact, not an accusation)

But yeah, as someone said it already, it brings life to this kinda enjoyable MMORPG

And then the situation about the players. It's fine to me if not everyone is capable of communicating in English all the time, but it is greatly annoying if Team Members do not even bother to speak English, so they could possibly help more than just their community.

People not even trying are a pain in the ass for me, actually. Some even said that I should learn spanish or italian just because they can't speak english, xd

You can see that the different community haven't merged by just going into a group that has 3 random people and 5 people of the same server. They won't be speaking a single word in english :3

• Do you think the Trade-Off was worth it or not?

yes, I am glad that I was able to meet certain foreign players (EU and LA) and since I am not playing as much pvp as I used to I couldnt care less about laggers in pvp

They affect PvE too, to the point it's literally unplayable at times. If not for that, the merge wouldn't have been so bad, but, all things considered, it often makes me miss pre-merge times. I rather play on a dead server that works, than have a populated one where it's impossible to play.

• I wasn't on Italian forum when literally less than 4 Italian users asked to do a merge, I'm against that idea, it's only frustrating of not being able to communicate with major part of community and there wasn't lag issues before merge. By the way, staff members and events from other servers are both better than IT events and staff. And now economy is schizophrenic...

• They affect PvE too, to the point it's literally unplayable at times. If not for that, the merge wouldn't have been so bad, but, all things considered, it often makes me miss pre-merge times. I rather play on a dead server that works, than have a populated one where it's impossible to play.

I have more FPS problem than lag problems, yes here and there are some distance-laggers but they dont happen to me as much as I thought they would

Kauket the only players you cant/wont commonicate with are people who either didnt learn english (mostly FR and ES_outside) or people who view themselves from the "elite"

Dxub95IWwAo2AM1.png

• Just sticking my head in here as one of the few old UK players. The merge for sure was handled poorly, and certainly rushed. It definitely was needed, but I certainly feel it should've been delayed to address various issues before they actually went ahead with it. PvP was practically dead over on UK, I honestly stopped taking it seriously after around 80 cap, just mainly used it for NPC hunting and AP for various items. I can do pretty much all the content I want to do solo now so I don't care too much for distance laggers anyway, though that certainly needs solving. One suggestion would be for Gameforge to create a service similar to WTFast as they can then roll it out across all their games, without having to have specific measures implemented within the game code (or even going down the IP restriction route). KOG would take forever to address such an issue so it is up to them to create a reasonable solution. As for the community - I don't care what language you speak, just don't expect everyone to understand you if you're going to message them in a language other than English. And staff should stick to English too, especially if they're on megaphone announcing some event.

• I liked the merge, I've always been a PvP-centered player so,right after merge,queue was so alive...

and dont care much about ES in PvP because ES arent good in pvp so even with lag they always end up losing lol

• Well we always had laggers, probs even worse ones in PvP who would forcefully lag at times and otherwise have a stable connection.
    ES makes it more frequently yeah, but like Creska said they can't make themselves better by lagging.
    "B-but what if they're geared and playing a character that works in lag???"
    Now you're implying that nobody did that on your server.

That's just something that people do, some forcefully - some don't. Doesn't matter that's the game's netcode fault (life is harsh).

Now speaking about PvE, yeah it does impact it negatively, but so what get a group and don't grind at weird times.
    And yeah this game should work in matching but let's be honest if you really want to grind something you're gonna get a group and roll with that.

Ofc its annoying at times, I curse in guild chat sometimes about it however I came to shrug it off as some sad joke.

I personally like the merge there are much more items you can get for good prices and a lot of stuff is easier to find.
    Also meeting and interacting with players from other servers has been very fun for me.

unknown.png

lets have some sip of cola

• I liked the merge, I've always been a PvP-centered player so,right after merge,queue was so alive...

and dont care much about ES in PvP because ES arent good in pvp so even with lag they always end up losing lol

10/10

Tbh I can understand that ppl are thinking that it would had been better to wait and resolve issues before the merge, but I think (since we still dont have a solution till now) the Game would had been dead by now. Like legit dead

• It's not about winning or loosing though. It's simply not enjoyable to play against this kind of deliberate abuse unless you're extremely geared and don't need to worry about hitting since the system takes care of that for you. Or ofc if you're a masochist but that's beside the point.

Yeah, most of them suck and are just relying on gear and class-advantages to carry them. Sadly, in this meta, that can be enough since there are those that rely more on skill which they than can't use as well due to the delay.

• I'd imagine the main reason for Latin Americans even joining here, is the fact we've got a Spanish client available. If NA had the option, I'd imagine those players would rather be on a server closer to them. Instead, they're here, and the problems are not entirely their fault. Can't help distance latency, and especially given how the game uses P2P systems for a large chunk of gameplay (dungeon host, PvP), that already makes things worse. I can understand from a developer's perspective of why this decision was made though. After all, I'd imagine KOG never originally expected a Western release of the game during 2007 (as NA was released 2011) so they wouldn't have anticipated lag issues given a local player base to begin with. And given how P2P is great for reducing bandwidth costs, they probably wanted to try that out. Unfortunately, given how deeply tied in to the engine this is, we'd be expecting some serious development time (probably around a year or longer) for a complete rewrite of these systems, which unfortunately wouldn't be passed to us for several more years anyway, and even then, expect bugs and more problems with that. Gameforge should invest in a solution similar to what I suggested previously, as that would involve no changes to game code, would be faster to develop and bring to us, and actually works from previous experimentation with such things.