Necessary improvements on the game and website/forums

Attention! We are receiving reports about SCAM attempts, which promise you to get Elcoin for free after submitting your account data on some pages.
We advise you DO NOT TO CLICK on such suspicious links and do not share your account login/password with ANYONE.
Please report any kind of such activity directly to our Support. Thank you!
  • Hey there!

As many of you surely think just like me, the european Elsword version is in very, very dire need of a couple improvements aside of the things coming from Elsword Korea (aka. content).

If I happen to forget anything or you just wanna discuss, please post it in here as well!

The player base feels like it is increasingly declining, people announcing there leaves ingame and on social media platforms, visibly less people in sparring, visibly less people for raids and visibly less items on the Market board indicate that the player base is shrinking, despite the merge we had. I think a couple improvements should be made to stop this free-fall situation.

1. Patch Notes

Patch notes are mostly incomplete, don't go into detail and come as a very unpleasant PDF file. While looking at any other Elsword version, that devotes entire web pages to Updates, explaining mechanics, sharing pictures and trailer videos, the PDF provided to us are barely even on point if it comes to the very basics.

A lot of information given in those files tends to be wrong, horribly translated and just screams WE DON'T CARE as you look at them.

Why is that? Is Gameforge by now counting on the players to get their info from NA/INTs webpage or users having to fill everyone else in on the Updates of EU thread?

2. Website

A welcoming website is a selling point. Looking at the EU website, featuring outdated trailers and screenshots from Season 1 on the Landing Page, dreadful news / patchnotes to look at similar to the PDF files, Elsword EU sure as hell is not inviting to any new potential player. Advertising presence is basically not given for this version, having seen KR, NA and JP ads before, but never ever for EU, I think spendings on this behalf is lacking. The Terms and Conditions set for this game are incredibly loopy, lost in wording and all over the place, leaving a lot of free space of interpretation to the teams as well as the players.

3. Game Stability

I think everyone had them already. Random disconnects. If during Drabaki, Varnimyr raids or trying to grind El Resonance EXP, the game just boots you out along with a couple party members every other run. Never having experienced any of this on any other Elsword server, I can only pinpoint this problem to be on Gameforges behalf, especially because it tends to hit multiple people in the same run. The servers and the connection are in urgent need of a stability fix, or else Elsword EU is going to lose lots of its players, who will frustratedly leave (and rightly so).

Second off, the game engine. It is outdated. Compared to servers like NA (and recently on steam released) Japan servers, EU runs horrible. Constant fps drops, optimization problems, random game crashes. Considering patches and Updates are not in the same state at any point, having an instable game that is left unoptimized is yet another point that will scare players off.

4. Update Frequency

Updates come late. Like, very late. A view onto this web page tells a tale of abandonment for Elsword EU : https://elwiki.net/w/Server_Differences

Any server gets korean updates a month, a maximum of two months after Korea. Well optimized, well worked and with great stability. On Europe, we can be happy if we get an update six to eight months later, while it is incomplete and damaged (poiting at Eclipse nerf which took like two years, content updates lacking some of their mechanics or having mechanics broken).

In all honesty, who would even still play EU, if they had not stuck so much time and money into it? And people are leaving, Gameforge can't be that blind to ignore it. Even illegal servers are further in progression and stability at this point, making EU the laughing stock to literally any other server globally.

The pace needs to increase, if you don't want players to leave after they have been left behind. Devote some more workers onto Elsword, for crying out loud. Having Shop Updates to skip weeks, literally adding 1 Item and removing 1 Item from the shop, is insulting to the player.

Edit: Other servers already have announced the International Tournament to take place, with exceptions being JP and EU. Since JP just recently changed publisher, that is relatable, however EU s just so far behind that we can and never will be able to participate in any of that, if GF does not pick up pace now.

NA: https://elsword.koggames.com/2019-pvp-league-1/

KR: http://elsword.nexon.com/events2019/0306/league.aspx

CN: http://els.ztgame.com/html/new…0-1553-0117c-600747.shtml

TH: https://elsword.playpark.com/t…pvp-league-2019-season-1/

IshtarQueen.png

Signature by Flaith

Edited 2 times, last by Ketsuekii ().

• I agree with you, but you forgot the random teleports to Elrianode village for no reason. And for this one, I don't think is just our connections :S

(for updates I heard GF tries to put it at winter and summer holidays, at least for the big ones like new area or new character)

(sorry for my english, uh)

a57b600233e1ea70530f87ffb4bdf625.png

• An additional problem - Support. Is all fine having our currentvoluntary staff, but that has drawbacks. As in, you never quite know when someone actually will go bother processing your ticket, or if a solution to the problem will occur in a reasonable amount of time. At the current rate, you're probably looking at a day or two between replies on your ticket, which adds up if there's a bit of back and forth for data gathering. I'd personally like to see a dedicated team (at least during office hours) in addition to the current method, but of course, probably not going to happen.

• What about event that get cut or are incomplet ? The lack of communication between Gameforge and is player base ? And also the fact that we get censored every time we tried to talk about some issues we have with GameForge. CoMa that are completly ignoring us event though i'm sure they read our complain but don't even try to calm us don't they just wait for us to forget

Here a exemple of event that are incomplet :

NA/KR/TheWORLDO

unknown.png

EU :

SC_L8.1218.3_1__2019-01-16_14-56-22-875.png

We didn't have the double EXP/Drop for the guild farm event and many more that i'm forgot ( :

I kinda miss the old forum, you could resize the image there ....

Also, i didn't read the whole post because i'm lazy please don't burn me ... UwU

• As mentioned, IG and forum support is also a big part of the problem, specially the french one for what we (french dudes) experienced the last couple of months, not to say 2018 in general.

We're not talking about a day or dayS (wich would be super fine to me tbh) but weekS, for 1 reply who's sometimes not even the solution to the problem we made the ticket for but just another question.

Between that and just the almost non feedback (or them just pointing at our net provider or PC specs) with the 24/7 disconnects/IG bugs like the *being teleported back to Elrianode while in raid* one we're getting rn...

Also, TRANSLATION. I don't know about other verions but ours is super bad and still not fixed several months after people tried to find those errors and post them on the forums (heavy attribute for example was badly translated since release and got fixed 1 year ago lol).

Unfort we can't say much about update frequency cuz that was the source of much whining back in the day, and now no one really knows who's to blame for. Is it KoG imposing a schedule or smth or just GF ?

• Why is it that only the EU has nothing, every time???

Why do we not always have all the events or why they are sometimes modified, so that they are not as good as the others?

This is really discrimination.

Gameforge, please, impose yourself against kog before it's really too late! (and do you at least get an encoder, that's the basis....)

• Why is it that only the EU has nothing, every time???

Why do we not always have all the events or why they are sometimes modified, so that they are not as good as the others?

This is really discrimination.

Gameforge, please, impose yourself against kog before it's really too late! (and do you at least get an encoder, that's the basis....)

Why KOG and GF hated us so much ?
    It is racism or something ?

Why ? WHY ???

We need answer to this question !

One of my suggestions would be this

Besides that, i'm afraid i have to say, we currently have a situation with the bigger ones trying to censor and control all the smaller ones (people who are paying attention will know what i mean)
    This is merely a suggestion, and therefore doesn't have to be the truth with GF or KoG (although it does reflect my opinion)

I'm one of those, who are unhappy on how Elsword EU is handled. Being so massively behind in content compared to all others is frustrating. And if GF repeats, that it's not their fault, should i start to blame those who are even higher up? Because at this point, SOMEONE is at fault for this, and this mentioned SOMEONE certainly doesn't have the guts to justifiy him/themselves for it, or doesn't feel the need to, since they are not bound by law to show transparency.
    And don't get me started on all the bugs. I just recently had one in Add Dungeon, on which i couldn't move or attack for 30 seconds, while i was watching those typ-r pummeling me (not to death, their damage is a joke).
    Giving very vague statements isn't helping anymore. Pretty sure quite a few in the Elsword community are somewhat sick of getting ignored or given the run-around. But it's obviously easier to do that instead of speaking the truth.
    And as Ketsuekii mentioned. The website is anything BUT appealing. No order, totally outdated and shows nothing what would be positive for advertisement reasons. This would apply as a bad business decision to me, and i know a thing or two about good advertisement.

Make out of it, what you will. But that is my opinion on that matter.

• Just had that happening to me, along with like 30 other ppl who seemed to have been teleported there as well.

This needs fixes, urgently.

Also, yep, the support.

A couple months ago, I got scammed, and FR and DE teams passed each other the responsibility for almost 4 weeks until my scammer finally got punished. Does tell a tale about communication and work rate at the support, honestly. I know it's volunteers, but why even? Paid GMs like on NA would so much better. But it's GF, that'd cost money. Like any other corner they cut that graded down this game version

• what exactly is there to discuss? everyone knows what the problem is - GF knows it, KoG knows it, the CoMas knows it and the community does as well

this thread will only fall on deaf ears

What about event that get cut or are incomplet ? The lack of communication between Gameforge and is player base ? And also the fact that we get censored every time we tried to talk about some issues we have with GameForge. CoMa that are completly ignoring us event though i'm sure they read our complain but don't even try to calm us don't they just wait for us to forget

literally the only thing you can do is change the server

Dxub95IWwAo2AM1.png

• Come to think of it, if you were new to the server or were just bored, there's literally nothing stopping you from hacking or something. Gameguard is unsurprisingly terrible, there's obviously nothing server side to prevent it (unless you want to count random disconnections, that's literally all you've gotta worry about) and assuming you get caught, it'll be far too late for anyone to reverse the damage. Fairly obvious we've got bots on the dungeon rankings but as far as I'm aware, nobody has even considered looking into it.

• Paid GMs like on NA would so much better. But it's GF, that'd cost money. Like any other corner they cut that graded down this game version

at the end the only thing that would matter is how much the GMs/Supportteam are going to invest into their work

if they are half-hearted at it then it wont matter if they get paid or not - GF should make a survey, look into the work of the single GMs or something else - not working hard enough? get a warning or get fired (depending on the amount of warnings), FR people have been suffering because of that (maybe let other GMs help them?), lack of people who want to work? maybe offer something else than a 10€ gameforge card per month (respect, merchandise or whatnot be creative)

care to explain what exactly you are trying to say?

Dxub95IWwAo2AM1.png

• We have a lot of content to catch up on but GF prefers to put us elro sets and tiny parts of events one by one rather than finally give us what we deserve to have just like all the other servers.

At this rate we're going to be a year late as before...

• Gameforge probably hasn't considered the possibility that many people would actually like to be a GM or something, but are turned off by the fact that their effort would be completely wasted. I personally wouldn't mind but going off every single time I report a bug or send in a ticket about something, either nothing gets done or it takes forever before they even consider acting. Hot spring timer bug for example - brought that up plenty of times, still broken.. it was even broken during the time those were event content. Oh and it took over a year to fix a text issue on the EN client - Lightning speed title showed the unlock was 10-5 instead of 9-6, but obviously you unlock it in Ranox not Elysion. And yes, the amount I brought the damn thing up in EN Discord probably drove a few people mad, but knowing it'd take me 5-10 minutes to fix it myself and yet it took that long to be corrected.. Wasn't particularly a major issue, but it seems if someone is incapable of spending a few minutes to fix a small text issue like that, makes me wonder how long it'd take them to fix actual game-breaking issues. Probably just as long no doubt.

• 3 bloody times.

3 bloody times the servers crashed today.

First I got kicked out of Pvp practice channel along with everyone else this morning.

Then I got kicked out of 11-4 and spawned in Elyanode along with everyone else in the afternoon.

Now I got kicked with my party out of 11-3 and spawned in Elyanode along with everyone else.

Multiple dc's that did not happen from my side of the internet.

Gameforge, fix your bloody cheap servers, it ain't fun or worth our time trying to play on this server when there is others working perfectly fine.