(non-)european players and their ping

Attention! We are receiving reports about SCAM attempts, which promise you to get Elcoin for free after submitting your account data on some pages.
We advise you DO NOT TO CLICK on such suspicious links and do not share your account login/password with ANYONE.
Please report any kind of such activity directly to our Support. Thank you!
  • IchBinBlackReborn

Can you please provide proof for the impossiblity of LA players having a decent ping instead of just saying stuff at if its true.

And laggs for the LA people will be far better if you have a seperate LA server positioned somewhere in Europe..sure

Nitros the game runs one windows because money+laziness.

How do i save money or have less to do if i throw people out of queues?

• And laggs for the LA people will be far better if you have a seperate LA server positioned somewhere in Europe..sure

Due to the p2p-nature of PvP or the Host-System in PvE, the server actually has very little to do with lag. So yes, they'd be better off that way.

Thing is, not everyone feels their game being ruined by them.

True, but a significant amount of ppl do.

Which problem? The problem of information taking time to travel or the problem of you being annoyed by something?

The problem of me and a significant amount of others beeing annoyed by something, yes. If you want to phrase it like that, that's what it's about.

• IchBinBlackReborn

Can you please provide proof for the impossiblity of LA players having a decent ping instead of just saying stuff at if its true.

And laggs for the LA people will be far better if you have a seperate LA server positioned somewhere in Europe..sure

Yes, i can prove the impossibility of Lat-Am players having a ping under <100ms (more like <200ms) with any european player and vice versa.

Simply use any websites or means you have to ping any location in Lat-Am.

It is impossible for any player to get a ping <100ms (more like <200ms), with the current technology available for normal people.

As for your "And laggs for the LA people will be far better if you have a seperate LA server positioned somewhere in Europe..sure"

Stop talking about things you don't understand.

Whether it be pve or pvp the connection is always Peer-to-Peer and therefore the location of Gameforges server doesn't matter.

What matters is where the players having said Peer-to-Peer connection are located.

And like i said above it is impossible for any Lat-Am or European Player to have a Peer-to-Peer connection with another under <100ms (more like <200ms) due to the distance, physics and limits in currently used technology.

The only noticable inlfluence when it comes to the location of the game server is when you want to use or pick up an item whether it be in pvp or pve.

• rip

How are A and B even connected? The game runs on windows because the developers decided to do so. If the developer decide to block something form queue, they can do it. Full stop. If there is a technical requirement, then there is a technical requirement. Latency being no difference in this regard.

Also there is no need to prove anything. There is this thread, so there is a problem. Can prove that this problem is insignificant? No? Well, then it should be dealt with!

Quote of the Year 2017

"Roses are red, yellow are ducks. It's 2017 and JS still sucks."

• True, but a significant amount of ppl do.

And where do you see this significant amout of people? Because neither in this forum section nor in the german one more than 10 people wrote something to this topic.

Not even the poll in the german forum that has 66 votes can be used as a "significant amout of people". And no, I don't think that a significant amout of people have that feeling. Maybe PvP players, but I guess there are more people playing PvE than PvP.

9b1f3df8ae665918be026b1ee35bcde8.png

• A significant amount of people complained about lag when DE was still on it's own, especially if by "significant" you mean the same kind talking about it over and over again and again. As you can see, there is a significant opposition to your stance. Plus, I hate to break it to y'all, but a significant amount of people can still make the wrong decision.

• Nitros bro, u tried to compare providing the game for windows only and banning people from queues.

One of them is decided by looking at money and effort in constrast to the + you get for having ports for othere OSs. The other one is extra effort for....what exactly?

Wow a subjective problem with assumptions made for it's cause. No need for proof. I hope you don't study or work scientifically.

• rip You don't understand it. KoG programming for Windows only is capitalists making capitalist decisions. GF not banning LatAm players is capitalists making capitalist decisions. Both are bad, that's why we port the game to Mac, Linux, FreeBSD and especially Hurd, while simultaneously banning LatAm players. Except that we don't really need the port, so we are fine with the Mexican ban. After all, capitalists making capitalist decisions is fine until we're negatively affected by them. :)

• Nitros bro, u tried to compare providing the game for windows only and banning people from queues.

One of them is decided by looking at money and effort in constrast to the + you get for having ports for othere OSs. The other one is extra effort for....what exactly?

You do realize the point of that statement was that you can do it, not if it's beneficial. That's a completely different topic. That's why your money argument doesn't matter and makes no sense to me.

If you want to know what the extra effort would get you, that is a better gaming experience for the European players.

I am pretty sure Renn would make a video showing the problem, if asked for it. Also scientific work isn't about proving something. This isn't math. It about confronting a problem and explaining how you come up with it. A paper can be nothing more then an idea. The whole point of scientific work is for others to understand and learn form it. In most jobs it's enough to "look beyond the box" and maybe not doing something like we always did.

I suggest we just add a poll. Then we have said data.

Quote of the Year 2017

• Nitros Neither legally or from a programmers perspective there is a similarity worth mentioning. But i am getting used to your texts having no content.

And please try being less passiv aggressiv :/

And now one has to ask for proof? What has the world come to..

Ty for explaining to everyone what this is all about; even if your english is hard to read.

So y'all please provide arguments on how you got a certain idea and why it's good. Instead of "crying" about how severe the problem is justifying your radical ideas.

"We should add a poll"

"we"

-Doesn't provide any information on the poll.

• If you want me to be aggressive, fine. I am just allergic to your bullshit. All you try to do is making some else look bad for your own amusement.

Yes we should add a poll. That means you could also suggest the content. However, you probably just want to complain afterwards.

I guess there is no reason to work with people who have no interest in finding a solution. People are like you should stay quiet.

Quote of the Year 2017

• You can't even claim that the game would be so much better for those complaining now, especially with toxic environments like PvP. Even if lag was completely removed from it, there'd still be myriads of other issues that needed addressing in order to stop complaints, and as such suggestions cannot even do that, people will continue to call for bans on anyone who in their eyes is not worthy by virtue of having a connection that is even just slightly worse than their own. LatAm is just the most extreme example as they can feel justified by claiming that "Europe" as a region specifier already excludes them.

There is nothing that we need to understand or learn from a ban on any region, other than that we maybe should not if we truly valued all our players. The ridiculous claims made in its support have no base in any science whatsoever, apart from maybe one physical law, that is not even interpreted consistently. Perhaps we can call this a result of people not even looking at a scientific problem in the first place? Suggesting that we need a solution presupposes the existence of a problem, and making certain groups of people appear like a problem just to find a convenient solution is not a well documented scientific method, it rather went down in history as something completely else.

All polls so far have been subject to bias, if not deliberately by the poll creator, then by the way that "evidence" is used to frame the discussion, especially when people only read the initial post or the ones that surround the polls. Plus, threads like this attract supporters rather than opponents by their very nature. Not everyone enjoys walking into the nth thread of this kind just to see the same excuse over and over. Why do you want a poll that can only go badly with the amount of misinformation present around this topic?

• All i did was saying where you are wrong. Chill out.

Yeah we should add a poll....for what exactly? Maybe a poll were one can add own answeres so we might have a decent solution for the problem.

I have an interest in finding a solution but since i didn't find a good one yet i am not proposing any.

Debunking y'alls is necessary though.

The only actual idea, for pve at least, was from aki and has been ignored.

And i am getting headaches from reading your text..

• What I want the poll for? To see what the current opinion on that matter is. How people feel about it. It doesn't matter how that came to be. It would help to know if we could make the game better by separating players.

And yes all that is subjectiv. How a game is experienced is subjectiv after all.

Edit: Yes I know, using your brain can hurt.

Quote of the Year 2017

• Actually, the PvE host thing has been proposed several times by different people. Depending on its implementation (as well as the specification of "best connection") it could be fine, but we could also be shadow-banning LatAm through that, or in cases where a Mexican is host due to a dungeon being started with three people from LatAm and one German supporter of this thread, there'd be cries of "Mexicans ruining the game!!!!!" again.

• it could be fine, but we could also be shadow-banning LatAm through that, or in cases where a Mexican is host due to a dungeon being started with three people from LatAm and one German supporter of this thread, there'd be cries of "Mexicans ruining the game!!!!!" again.

it still would be a fine solution, because the majority of problems would be solved, while only leaving the bad european guy who queues at night

Dxub95IWwAo2AM1.png

• There is nothing that we need to understand or learn from a ban on any region, other than that we maybe should not if we truly valued all our players. The ridiculous claims made in its support have no base in any science whatsoever, apart from maybe one physical law, that is not even interpreted consistently. Perhaps we can call this a result of people not even looking at a scientific problem in the first place? Suggesting that we need a solution presupposes the existence of a problem, and making certain groups of people appear like a problem just to find a convenient solution is not a well documented scientific method, it rather went down in history as something completely else.

I thought we where past the stage of discussing wether the problem exists or not:

Ganz viele Spieler werden aufgrund der Zeitverschiebung, Berufstätigkeit, anderer Spielplanung, etc. sicher nicht davon betroffen sein und wie du oder Kaya z.B. einfach eben nichts davon merken, aber das Problem existiert durchaus, das ist ja leider durchaus wahr

Translation: Due to different timezones, job and varying playplaning there probably aren't many players affected by the problem [...] however the problem exists nonetheless, sadly that's the truth.

So if you are gonna continue this discussion, take the problem itself as "presupposed" or whatever but stop denying it's existence.

• Since when do I have to agree with everything badidol says? Apart from him asserting there to be a problem without backing it up, he also makes no claim on the nature of said problem, whereas y'all claim people from LatAm being its source. So you're back to the point where you have to prove that with metaphysical claims about how lag works and the assertion of malice without evidence.

• Nitros

pls add poll.

"Do you think a discriminating solution which is not going to happen according to officials is a good idea"?

Option 1: Yes.

Option 2: i got a brain.

Stating the obvious with no context, good flippin job.

I am sorry to hear that it can hurt when you use your brain. But at least we are in agony together when my brain hurts seing what came out when you used yours.