(non-)european players and their ping

Attention! We are receiving reports about SCAM attempts, which promise you to get Elcoin for free after submitting your account data on some pages.
We advise you DO NOT TO CLICK on such suspicious links and do not share your account login/password with ANYONE.
Please report any kind of such activity directly to our Support. Thank you!
  • The point that matters here is that people from outside Europe should be expecting to be somewhat laggy - if only by distance latency - to this server.

Having this knowledge, but despite of that entering queues for PvP and PvE already qualifies as griefplay for me, because they know of their distance problem or even spikes and enter any content regardless of anyone's time they could ruin.

Same goes for people inside Europe who are lagging and spiking badly by the way. If you know you are lagging, just dont que. If you knowingly force a bad time on anyone who comes into contact with you, you're a douche.

And I'm talking from a gameplay perspective here too.

If we look at what lags might cause:

- delay lag-sensitive skills, such as Shadow Bolt, Evoke, Blood Cutter

- delay or stop monsters from taking damage properly

- glitch out the natural location of monsters and their attacks

- glitch out movement patterns of monsters

- glitch out spawning locations

> prevents proper on-point playstyles, which can be annoying and infuriating in endgame dungeons. Not even to talk about PvP here, where combos won't work properly at all, especially if chosing a class that is very susceptible to lag spikes.

• rearquadruplepolish if you were consistent, you'd either notice that lag happens all the time or that distance lag was not. You're fitting the properties of lag to the suggestions you're making, not the other way round.

Sharoona awareness is not even close to sufficient to claim malice. Plus, the burden of proof lies on you, same if you accuse God of existing. Gloating can under circumstances serve as proof (as well as IIRC an instance) of griefplay, but you can also gloat about being the best EM of Germany, the quality of your gear or what have you, and I think we should rather punish the gloating by severity than the thing you're gloating about. (Unless you're gloating about and thereby admitting a worse crime, like, say, client modding.)

Ketsuekii prove malice.

• I'm :opposed:

might adding why? just saying something without reason doesn't hold any value towards this discussion. And while you're at it, propose something better, maybe?

Just still repeating the same things too lazy for that

But may I ask you what will happen to what they've currently on this server ? They will need to start over again right ? Will you appreciate that if you were in this situation ?

:chocolate::lganteddybear::lollipopvalentine:

• But may I ask you what will happen to what they've currently on this server ? They will need to start over again right ? Will you appreciate that if you were in this situation ?

Nope, what i had in mind was the same as the server-fusion before, just in the opposite direction. Ofc, just like with the fusion, everything would be kept.

• Do you know how many are they ? If they're not numerous it's just not fair to them

The ES-Server had the biggest population by far before the merge. Even if you subtract the spanish portion it'll still be a lot more than the second largest DE- and FR-Servers had before the merge. From how many Latin Americans i meet in Dungeons, Citys and PvP, I'd suspect they're around half the current server-population. Even if they're less, it shouldn't be too far off since they're also representing a not exactly small continent. Ofc I don't know for sure but neither do you and observations are against you on this one.

• But still You don't have the right to decide for Them that's just my point of view

It's a problem and it needs to be addressed one way or the other. If I had the right to decide, I wouldn't be making this suggestion, much less in the english-speaking part of the forums so that at best every involved party can understand and discuss it. Yes, also (some) latin americans are able to speak english. So far, I've yet to see anyone eager to contiune the current state. The ones I've talked to are more than ready to leave if they can keep their stuff.

• Just still repeating the same things too lazy for that

if you dont contribute anything to the discussion then why are you even writing those posts

But still You don't have the right to decide for Them that's just my point of view

we players dont have, but that isnt relevant, those players cause trouble in PvP and PvE (more in PvP than in PvE), whilst GF refuses to even hear the problems because "muh money"

its not unfair to demand, that players that dont belong here (and please before anyone says some crazy bullshit: they clearly dont), should be getting another server, their playerbase is much larger than original-ES and DE combined

Dxub95IWwAo2AM1.png

• Or at least find out if the majority of them want to stay or leave

Why should only they get to decide? If you're doing a majority-vote, count in all of the server, not just the troublemakers. This is a problem for the entire server, it affects everyone, some more and some less but it's there. We could also turn this around into "give european players their own server". Does that sound better to you?

• Why should only they get to decide? If you're doing a majority-vote, count in all of the server, not just the troublemakers. This is a problem for the entire server, it affects everyone, some more and some less but it's there

You're right but to me it concerns more them than us, they're not just puppets than you can move from one bag to another do you understand what I mean ? You have to take into consideration what they think too

Do they really bother you so much ?

:chocolate::lganteddybear::lollipopvalentine:

• Do they really bother you so much ?

Short answer: yes. Long answer: I'm an active PvP-Player and currently, I'm unable to enjoy about 3/4th of my matches due to getting latinos with heavy distance-lag. While there are ways around it and, due to my equipment, i don't loose often, it still annoys me every single time since even if it's obvious I'm gonna win, it still takes quite a bit longer than against a similar opponent from the EU due to hitignores. Overall, wether I win or loose, it's frustrating and rage-inducing to deal with it and it happens so often it's not even funny anymore.

• Or how about we change the Peer-to-Peer connection system to a "normal mmo type connection". Then if you lag only you are affected by that lag, instead of everyone who are connected to you during the lagging.

First of all, that is very unlikely to happen since it would require KoG to recode the entire framework. Secondly it would be equivalent to soft-banning the entire latin american community by making the game basically unplayable for them. So as much as i like that suggestion, it's highly unlikely to be used sadly.

• Soft banning the LatAm community? Okay, but unlikely.

Harder banning the LatAm community? Even better, let's suggest that!

Does it ever occur to you, that this very mentality, plus the fact that you want to decide someone else's game experience based on their location is what makes people realise the

racist

undertones of such suggestions?

• I'm against this suggestion, as not every LatAm-Player is lagging and it is unfair for them.

Proof pls. Show me a Latin American Player in a PvP-Match against you that doesn't lagg. I've searched for one for about 3 months now and still haven't found one. The spanish guys I asked along the way searched for it even longer and said that has to be a rumor. So pls, proof it.

And even after that, how is that unfair? They can continue playing just like they're doing now with the only difference beeing they also have to deal with less lagg.

How is that "Harder banning"? It's seperation, not excluding them. I'm not going "you're from X, you can't play this game anymore", I'm going "you're gonna play over there with the ppl you usually play with and we're playing here". And again, I'm not deciding anything, I'm putting it up for debate. Now if you could tell me how this influences the game experience more than the server-merge that seemingly was completely fine with you, I'm listening. So far though, you're only grasping at straws to make ppl actively engaging in trying to solve this problem seem racist. It really makes me wonder what you gain from that..

• Asking out of curiosity: Whats here to discuss?
    Elsword Europe is a server with infrastructure designed for players from, guess what, the continent Europe. Latin americans shouldn't even be able to play on the server, especially due to the type of connection Elsword uses. IP bans even exist in servers of other countries and GF was probably too lazy or negligent to implement them for Elsword at the time of Elsword ES creation. There was no reason for them other than language convenience to even play on Elsword ES, especially when Elsword International was launched weeks after Elsword ES and they could've gone over there.

Especially due to LatAms being able to play on Elsword Europe with no repercussions made them cry out about not being able to play on SoulWorkers EU due to IP bans.

And stop calling people racists. This term has been abused far too many times for negligible things such as this.

kerigif_by_marakeihime-dcp2c59.gif

• And even after that, how is that unfair? They can continue playing just like they're doing now with the only difference beeing they also have to deal with less lagg.

How is it fair? The reason for the EU Server was to get more people in the queue. We do have these people now. Guess what will happen when we seperate the queues from Europe and LatAm: less player. Especially less player for LatAm people, and that's certainly going to reduce their game-experience, and what happens when game-experience is reduced? Players that leave. And what happens then: GF complaining because they get less money, which leads us to: none of these suggestions will happen.

Elsword Europe is a server with infrastructure designed for players from, guess what, the continent Europe.

Again: Elsword EU did never state that they were exclusively for Europe. Elsword DE was not exclusively for Germany, Elsword FR was not exclusively for France, Elsword PL was not exclusively for Poland, Elsword UK was not exclusively for the United Kingdom, and Elsword ES was not exclusively for Spain. So why should Elsword EU be exclusively be for Europe? What about Turkish players on Elsword UK? What about Russian players on either Elsword UK or Elsword PL? Especially Russian players from let's say Wladiwostok?

LatAm Players were on Elsword ES before the server merge happened, as they wanted a Spanish interface, which they couldn't get back then. They most likely payed money to get their Avatar (and other stuff), and won't be happy when they suddenly aren't allowed to play on the server anymore, which leads us to what again? Oh right GF complaining about their money loss, which leads us to what? I guess you can finish the thought yourself.

9b1f3df8ae665918be026b1ee35bcde8.png

• Out of curiosity, what would "separation" look like to you? If the aim of this is to not see any LatAm player over on the European server, it's quite simple to see what it would look like. One server for each, with either not being allowed to play with each other. On top of that, we're going to have forced migration, everyone likes those. You frame this as if you didn't want to exclude people from the European server when that's exactly what it is. After all, a LatAm server simply for the sake of convenience would not satisfy your needs. As long as some Mexican is here queueing, you cannot enter the queue, lest you encounter their dreadful lag.

Thing is, with the server merge no players were removed in the process. The worst thing that happened were some name changes. Oh my, some Mexican now uses xXxKirito69xXx instead of myself being that, I'm so enraged. You can still play with all of your German friends, while also playing with people from England, France, etc. The merge itself was supported by the players for the sake of internationality, players being able to play with each other regardless of their country of origin, as well as queues being deader than dead in any region individually. It was opposed on the grounds of "distance lag" with "distance" also including the very far distance from Frankfurt to Alsace. In the end, however, it was capitalists making capitalist decisions, and as we all know they are only allowed to do so as long as you're okay with them.

You're trying to reintroduce split server on the only shaky argument that the opposition to the server merge ever had. And I can ensure you people like you, who do nothing but cry about lag in PvP all day, will find Europeans to separate into other queues, not even a DE-only server will help you get rid of such complaints.

Oh, and some short fun towards the end:

you're only grasping at straws to make ppl actively engaging in trying to solve this problem seem racist.

[The existence of a LatAm player not lagging] has to be a rumor

• LA players have been on the ES server for a long time. A few discriminating buthurt people will change that..

Getting rid of p2p is impossible without starting from scratch.

Having respektiv servers is a great idea. Adding the VPN-delay to the already high ping will help, for sure.